• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softailyankee

What is the name of your state? TX

I am divorced have 2 boys I live in Texas have been remarried have sole custody. My husband & I would like to have the boys named changed. Is it possible to have them changed without permission form there biological father. He will not give permission he has not had anything to do with these boys for 5 years.What is the name of your state? My ex lives in Ohio

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TX

I am divorced have 2 boys I live in Texas have been remarried have sole custody. My husband & I would like to have the boys named changed. Is it possible to have them changed without permission form there biological father. He will not give permission he has not had anything to do with these boys for 5 years.What is the name of your state? My ex lives in Ohio
No. It is not possible to have their name changed to a legal strangers name. Where are the court orders out of? TX or OH??

penny4u

I know this is an older post but, is this becaue of Texas law?

My son's name was changed to his (at the time) step father's without and not to mention a fight with the biological parent. Just curious.

Silverplum

I know this is an older post but, is this becaue of Texas law?

My son's name was changed to his (at the time) step father's without and not to mention a fight with the biological parent. Just curious.
Your post doesn't make sense.

penny4u

Your post doesn't make sense.
Sorry, that's what I get for having a glass of wine. We had a fight with my son's biological father when we wanted to change my son's last name and we still won the name change and did so without his permission. So I was wondering with everyone saying no to this poster, if it was because of Texas law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">