• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jm8593

My question is as follows. I rec'd a letter from the IRS today stating that preliminary information shows that I may have some personal liability for taxes not paid by my employer (non-profit). This is the state of Maryland. I have copies of 1 1/2 of board minutes (I was a non voting member) which clearly shows each month that I had informed them of this problem, but they continued to do nothing until such time as I informed them that in Dec. we could not meet payroll. Then everything changed. I also have documentation from the previos board president to the current president that this was a very inactive board and there were continuing problems that needed to be addressed (dated 8/00) still nothing was done. I did the boards job, as well as my own in trying to find funds to meet this obligation at the direction of the board, and numerous agencies as well as an atorney. In doing this I was averaging 80/90 hrs. every two weeks in OT - many nites I only got an hours sleep. Needless to say, after attending a meeting in which the board was to attend, put did not, I went into a deep depression and was hospitalized. I am still in this state and am curretnly on medication - this whole situation has me very upset and I feel I have no control, my health is also at stake here - please help. I was NOT an officier of the company, I was the Financial Administrator, whom took direction from the board and the Director. All OT hrs. were approved by my supervisor, the Director. The officers of the organization are the board members whom are Pres.VP.Sec/Treasurer. Please help with any advise you may have

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">