• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refunding bond and release at time of sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Locksley12

New Jersey.
In 2003 my three sisters and me received a piece of property via a will. At the time of distribution we all signed a refunding bond and release. One of my sisters is the executrix of the estate. We are now selling this property. The executrix stated that she would only release the funds if we all sign another refunding bond and release. Why would we have to sign another refunding bond and release when the property belongs to us via the 2003 distribution? Can she do this?What is the name of your state?

anteater

New Jersey.
In 2003 my three sisters and me received a piece of property via a will. At the time of distribution we all signed a refunding bond and release. One of my sisters is the executrix of the estate. We are now selling this property. The executrix stated that she would only release the funds if we all sign another refunding bond and release. Why would we have to sign another refunding bond and release when the property belongs to us via the 2003 distribution? Can she do this?What is the name of your state?
The use of the past tense and the term "distribution" would usually indicate that the property was re-titled into the names of the beneficiaries and is no longer part of the estate. Was it re-titled?

If it was, why does your sister believe that she has any authority to hold or release funds from the sale?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">