• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legitimate Asset Protection from divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stranger

Nowadays there are many marketers on the net, advertising various Asset Protection Plans. They all seam to be sleazy. A lot fraud is going on in this business. Here is an excellent resource on the fraud part of it

http://www.falc.com/

My question is : Is there such thing as “Legitimate Asset Protection Plan”?

Can someone recommend a reputable Law Firm in New York City that successfully deploys one/some of legitimate Asset Protection techniques (if there is one)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ALawyer

There are lots of fraudsters out there, but the issue is how much are you prepared to do, and how close to the line are you prepared to go to do it. In a divorce, things can get particularly messy. Ask a divorce lawyer to make the recommendation. NY has lots of good reputable lawyers, including the one I think is the very best in the USA; they will keep you on the right side of the line, but are relatively expensive. What are you prepared to pay to do it?

S

stranger

Thanks for the reply.

My assets are rather on the small side. I don't have any Real Estate, just some stocks and cash. Can you recommend some New York City firm that is good at this type of cases and has reasonable fees/rates?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">