• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of consent laws- educate our teens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickysmom

What is the name of your state? My son at sixteen met a girl in a Iowa teen club for sixteen to twenty year olds. She told him she was almost sixteen as well. Well they hooked up and weeks later after being questioned by police we learned she was only thirteen. she told the cops she lied to my son but he was still charged at age seventeen as a adult on two counts of sexual abuse third degree under Iowa law. Now at seventeen he became a registered sex offender for consensual sex cause law states she cannot consent at thirteen. Yet I ponder if she had walked into court and brought a gun would she still be told she did not know what she was doing? Now we moved to Oklahoma where we originate and my son now is a aggravated lifetime offender due to the three year age difference. I am hoping to get folks to help me pass Romeo and Juliet laws across this country from the Adam Walsh Act section 111 and sign our petition not only for myson but all our sons who face or will face this nightmare and miscarriage of justice. I have been told your son knew the law but no not even I realized consensual sex is a registrable offense which puts him on a public registry with violent rapists. So I am dedicating my life to changing laws and educating families and teens on what age of consent laws are and what can happen. Please take our petition pass it around and give to families and teens make them aware of these laws. Our children are not being taught age of consent laws in sex education nor when they go to get free birth control in many states health departments are they being told of the unattended consequneces of not only pregnancy and disease but a lifetime of registration for consenting to sex due to age of consent alws. help me save our son's please.Thank you a mother on a mission to save our children

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

So what stopped YOU as his PARENT from teaching your child to not have sex with little girls? Or to not have sex with strangers that he meets off the net?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? My son at sixteen met a girl in a Iowa teen club for sixteen to twenty year olds. She told him she was almost sixteen as well. Well they hooked up and weeks later after being questioned by police we learned she was only thirteen. she told the cops she lied to my son but he was still charged at age seventeen as a adult on two counts of sexual abuse third degree under Iowa law. Now at seventeen he became a registered sex offender for consensual sex cause law states she cannot consent at thirteen. Yet I ponder if she had walked into court and brought a gun would she still be told she did not know what she was doing? Now we moved to Oklahoma where we originate and my son now is a aggravated lifetime offender due to the three year age difference. I am hoping to get folks to help me pass Romeo and Juliet laws across this country from the Adam Walsh Act section 111 and sign our petition not only for myson but all our sons who face or will face this nightmare and miscarriage of justice. I have been told your son knew the law but no not even I realized consensual sex is a registrable offense which puts him on a public registry with violent rapists. So I am dedicating my life to changing laws and educating families and teens on what age of consent laws are and what can happen. Please take our petition pass it around and give to families and teens make them aware of these laws. Our children are not being taught age of consent laws in sex education nor when they go to get free birth control in many states health departments are they being told of the unattended consequneces of not only pregnancy and disease but a lifetime of registration for consenting to sex due to age of consent alws. help me save our son's please
I edited your post to remove your link - spam is not allowed on this forum.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am the mother of a 16yo young man. Even if the link to your petition were still posted, I would not sign it. Because I've taken the time to educate myself AND both of my children on these types of issues. If they still choose to engage in activities that will lead them to trouble? Then they'll have to deal with the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">