• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to file a Corum Novis???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kmoran81

What is the name of your state? NY

I was told by a judge that I needed to file a Corum Novis to reopen a traffic ticket. The judge told me to do this without the help of an attorney because he wanted to see how much effort I put into it. What is the process and where do I obtain the paperwork to do so. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

dcatz

It appears that the Court is determined to make you “sing for your supper”. If that’s the case and you’re on your own, it may be necessary to refer you to Google and your local law library.

Actually, what you’ll need is sufficiently specific, that it is unlikely that you’ll find an online example that you can copy anyway, but you should know what you’re looking for and how it’s spelled. A motion for a writ of Coram Nobis (or error Coram Nobis) is an application to a court to exercise its equitable powers to correct a prior error in the interest of justice. It is normally called into use when other remedies have expired or do not exist. One might think that you want this ticket to be re-adjudicated and there is no other way to go about it. The reasons for the problem and for the relief sought are only known to you and the Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">