• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nosey neighbors wont stay out of my dogs butts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doggy101

What is the name of your state? Ny
My neighbors have turned me in a couple of times for supposeable my dogs in her yard or else where. They dont know anything about my dogs just the fact they dont like them for there breed. Im tired of these people so I called the state police and tried getting harrassment charges against them but they wont do anything. Is there something I can do to these people to make them stop harrassing me and my dogs?

seniorjudge

Q: Is there something I can do to these people to make them stop harrassing me and my dogs?

A: Yes: keep your dogs in your yard.

Doggy101

duhhhh

My dogs are always in my yard!!!!!!!!!!
They are saying that they are not. I have a underground fence that they know there bounderys. Im just gettin sick of being turned in. Is there any legal thing I can do? Thats my question, Consitering no one else wants to help.

Rexlan

I agree with SJ ... keep your dogs in your yard and, importantly, under control and quiet. Unless you are physically standing there supervising, which you certainly are not, you don't have a clue what is going on. You think you do but you don't.

If you try to file a harassment complaint be quite aware of the potential for a backfire.

Grayson

Next time you're turned in prove your dogs were in the yard.

Go to a walmart or somewhere similiar you can find security black and white cameras for $50 each. Get one or two depending on how large your yard is and keep it on the dogs areas. So when you are turned in, view what you have to see if the dogs were infact in the yard or somehow out of the yard. If they were in your yard, use that as proof agasinst them. Do not tell your neighbors about the cameras.

HellOnEarth

Next time you're turned in prove your dogs were in the yard.

Go to a walmart or somewhere similiar you can find security black and white cameras for $50 each. Get one or two depending on how large your yard is and keep it on the dogs areas. So when you are turned in, view what you have to see if the dogs were infact in the yard or somehow out of the yard. If they were in your yard, use that as proof agasinst them. Do not tell your neighbors about the cameras.
+1.

Give them enough rope and let them do the rest.

HellOnEarth

I agree with SJ ... keep your dogs in your yard and, importantly, under control and quiet. Unless you are physically standing there supervising, which you certainly are not, you don't have a clue what is going on. You think you do but you don't.
It's a RARE individual who can supervise an animal or a child 24/7. Just my experience from having watched both in the past.

If you try to file a harassment complaint be quite aware of the potential for a backfire.
Such as?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">