• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend trying to take me to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wbrault

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

I am not sure if I am posting in the right thread. Here is my issue.

I worked at friends computer store. He was going to pay me X amount of dollars under the table. However, at the end of each day instead of cash I asked for a computer part. After 3 days I stopped working for him. Prior to this I worked 3 days and he kept, "forgetting" to pay me. Now he is trying to take me to court saying I stole from him and I am a theif. I don't understand how I stole anything. I never been to court and I am nervous. I received 3 parts from him. The value was 300 or less. I don't know the exact. The time worked balances out with what he was going to pay me in cash value.

Rexlan

You do realize that both of you idiots can get in some pretty good soup for this right? To go to court for a solution is like performing brain surgery at home with a DIY kit or a gun.

Cash under the table is a felony and BOTH of you will "feel the pain". Settle your differences and dissolve the friendship instead.

wbrault

It isn't me that wants to go to court. I was working for him, he wanted to pay cash but I said just pay me in pc parts. I never accepted any cash.

This whole situation is just "childish". It is just annoying more than anything else.

fairisfair

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

I am not sure if I am posting in the right thread. Here is my issue.

I worked at friends computer store. He was going to pay me X amount of dollars under the table. However, at the end of each day instead of cash I asked for a computer part. After 3 days I stopped working for him. Prior to this I worked 3 days and he kept, "forgetting" to pay me. Now he is trying to take me to court saying I stole from him and I am a theif. I don't understand how I stole anything. I never been to court and I am nervous. I received 3 parts from him. The value was 300 or less. I don't know the exact. The time worked balances out with what he was going to pay me in cash value.
Read: me and my friend were going to rip off the government and the taxpayers, but instead, I decided to rip him off. Now we would like to use the government to get even with each other. Whaddya think???

wbrault

Well first I am not trying to get back at anyone. It's him filing some civil suit.

I don't get how I was trying to rip off the government or the taxpayers? I have a full time job so I didn't need any money from him, he needed help at his store. He said he would pay me and I told him just pay me in pc parts. I don't know how getting pc parts is illegal as where as getting paid under the table is. :confused:

I just came here for some advice. Not to get some bashing. I thought this was settled back in December, until I got a certified letter in the mail. I explained the situation. If you want to call names or make up your own story by reading what I said. Don't bother and I'll try another site.

Have a nice day

Rexlan

He was going to pay me X amount of dollars under the table. However, at the end of each day instead of cash I asked for a computer part.

What part of your facts don't you understand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">