• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overseas divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elissar

What is the name of your state? I got married in Florida, how can I get a divorce if I live now in Brazil and my husband lives in Puerto Rico and we've been seperated for almost 3 years?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? I got married in Florida, how can I get a divorce if I live now in Brazil and my husband lives in Puerto Rico and we've been seperated for almost 3 years?
Consult an attorney in Brazil, because that is where you would most likely need to file. This forum is for US law only.

mistoffolees

Consult an attorney in Brazil, because that is where you would most likely need to file. This forum is for US law only.
She might also want to consult an attorney in PR since the husband lives there. Since it's part of the US, it might be simpler and cheaper to handle it there (or maybe not). Of course, I have no idea whether that's even possible. I'd certainly spend a few minutes looking into it, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">