• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal information question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plprz

What is the name of your state?
Washington, DC

An ex-boyfriend sent an email blast to all his friends with my contact information (home address, email, and phone numbers) for the sole purpose of seeking revenge against me. One of the people included his ex-girlfriend who has been jealous of our relationship and would love nothing more than to harass me – which is exactly what she's been doing via phone ever since this happened. FYI, my address and phone numbers are unpublished, so it's not like these people could've looked it up online.

Is there any law against this? Is it legal for a person to give out your contact info to others?…Especially if the people they give it to are strangers seeking to do you harm? If what he did was illegal, what action can I take? If it wasn't illegal, would I be able to take action against him if something were to happen, i.e. his ex-girlfriend shows up at my house, his friends harass me, etc.?

I'm grateful for any advice.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">