• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affidavit of Descendants Successor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EdRenfro

What is the name of your state? Florida
Hi, my mother passed a few months ago she left a will that did not identify an executor of the estate. In her will she stated that she wanted me to have her car. The car is a leased 2006 Chevy. The finance company has said that they will continue to allow me to make car keep the car and make lease payments. The account remains under "the estate of my mothers name". This was not a problem until I tried to registar the car. I was told by a friend that if I filed an Affidavit of Descendants Successor that I would be able to registar the car in my name. Is this true? How do I get this form? The Finance copy is refusing to recognize my mothers will because it was not formal and it did not recognize an executor of the estate. Outside of finaning the car my self, is there any other way to registar the car?

curb1

Without knowing more details, I would suggest letting this car go back to the leasing company. It does you no good to retain the lease on this car. The trouble of doing what you are trying is not worth it for you.

EdRenfro

The long and shor of it is that I need the car. Financing is not an option due to credit. I don't want to take the risk of driving a car that does not have current registration.

What would I have to do?

curb1

Did your mother have any financial assets that are being passed to you? How are you able to make the lease payments and insurance?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Outside of finaning the car my self, is there any other way to registar the car?
No.
The car did not "belong" to your mother to pass on to you. I'm actually surprised the leasing company agreed to the arrangement you explained.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">