• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

socspook

I need some advice on what to do. My ex has accused me of domestic violence in which I am innocent. She has stated in court that I have threatened to shoot her in the head which I have never done. I am also accused of harassing her at work. I work the same hours as she does with at least an hour drive to her place of occupation, so how am I getting to her work if we work the same hours and have such a substantial driving distance between us. She has also alleged that I grabbed her at a parking lot and threatened her during the exchange of our children for visitation. I have never touched this woman and she has no one to back up her accusations. She has also denied my parental rights in our divorce decree allowing open telephonic communication with my children. In addition to this she has accused me of child abuse. She reported this to the sheriff's office which was an immediate dead file, a psychologist found no evidence of abuse, and a judge found no evidence of abuse. The desired goal was not achieved so now 3 months later she calls DSS and now a full investigation is going on for nothing at all except for her lies. The Judge felt that because there is anamosity between us that I am to take the
Certified Batters' Intervention Class with just her accusations, let me remind you that I have done none of
these and she can not produce even one person to back up her accuations. What can I do to prevent this injustice
from happening I have been alienated from my children the psychologist even stated that. Where do I turn for help my lawyer said that there is nothing to do until I take the classes. Is this true, I feel the judge is prejudiced because of her comments during her ruling. All of this started after I remarried, she told me she would get me and now she has, I had faith in the justice system and now I have lost that. I have never in my life even had a speeding ticket and hold high position in the community, but how can this happen???????

jyoung

frankly sounds like you need to engage a different attorney
who can defense her claims more successfully.

J

JJAMIE

Do you have restricted visitation with your children during this investigation? If not have you been able to continue your visitation? Is the ex refusing to allow you to speak with the children when you call? I certainly hope you are documenting every attempt you make to have contact with the children and are denied. It appears from what you have said that you obviously did not have good representation during your hearing. This happens alot of the time if you do not have an attorney retained and have to find one out of the yellow pages because you are in dire need right away. You may need to check around a little more before you proceed with this attorney again. I find it difficult to believe that without any evidence to support her allegations, and with you holding a high position in your community that this went the way it did. Has the charges against you had any affect on your current position with your employer? You have stated that these allegations were made after you remarried. This should prove to be significant in your defense unless she has remarried also. I wish you luck with your situation. Jamie

S

socspook

I have unsupervised visitation with my children which will be next weekend for the first time in a month. I have filed a motion a couple of months ago when my ex refused visitation but have not heard from the same court we just appeared at. Pertaining to my job I am now open for another investigation because of these allegations. I am actually afraid to see my own children because of what new lies she may accuse me of. It is cases like this that make for a fatherless society. God Bless our children.

J

JJAMIE

My husband and I went through a very similar situation to the one you have related here. It is difficult to believe at times that you have to continually disprove false accusations from a disgruntled ex-spouse . Especially accusations that pertain to the children. I hope your children are receiving counseling to help them throughout this time. It is a disgrace to prevent a father from having a relationship with his children when he seems so willing to have one. There are many fathers who do not have the desire to do so. If you or your spouse want someone to chat with that has had a similar experience as yourselves please e~mail me [email protected], I am not able to provide legal counsel because I am not an attorney, but I may be able to give some insight based on our experience. Best of luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">