• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fruitsoflabor

I recently started a new job and have had a few issues. I first I work for a special ed school in NYS. I was told that I would be on a 90 day probationary period. That I understand and have been thru before. I would also like to mention that I am a salaried employee. In my last job I was paid for the holidays during the probationary period. This one says that it does not pay while you are on probation. This job also says they have two personal days a year and since I recently had a death in my family that they would be taking those two days. Is any of this legal? Aren't there laws about time off for bereavment and about being pqid for the holidays. And since I am was hired at a set salary how can they justify taking all this money out of my pay?

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">