• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Expense questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rowz

Greetings from New Jersey:

I am the named executor for an estate where the real property is one-half owned by the decedent's daughter.
This out-of-state daughter received her interest in the property thru her father's will. [July 2004]
Also, she is contesting her Mom's will and the granting of the remaining interest to a friend of Mom.

It seems that the issue should be decided soon and it is anticipated that the Court will order the property sold.

Since the fathers death the daughter has never paid any of the household bills. Mom lived there and paid all the costs of upkeep until her death [12/06]
Since the mothers death there has been nothing paid by the daughter for the taxes, maintenance etc. of the property.
Estate has paid all bills and is quickly running out of funds.

The questions are: Can the daughter be forced to pay her share in the expenses to date, AND
may the court also order continuing payments of the ongoing costs & expenses unti the sale of the property.

Lastly does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the daughter when it comes to selling the real estate.
I anticipate that she will be less than co-operative when it comes to dealing with me come the time when the court orders her suit dismissed [lack of ANY evidence of her claims].

Over the past 5 years this party has only once answered any inquiries regarding the care of the decedent.
All thru the post death process they have never, in any manner, replied to any attempts at discussion.

Thanks for your time and attention.

RowZWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">