• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation in (PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jassyjess

I have an eight month old son who was taken back to PA by his father almost three weeks ago. I was escaping a metally and verbally abusive enviornment and went back to (CA) with my two children. My ex figuring I was headed back to CA aswell flew out there and eventually tracked me down some 5 days later while I was at the court house. I was in the process of filing a restraing order and in doing so I left my son in the care of my friend who was outside in the parking lot on the way up to see me with both my childeren in tow. My ex showed up at the cort house and abducted my son and took him back to PA. He has since filed and was awarded temporay custoy in PA pending a court hearing.

He was recently served with papers regarding the restaring order that was filed by myself in CA. Here is the problem..Since I have spent a total of 5 1/2 mo in PA prior to escaping and coming back to my home state of CA attorneys here are reluctant to take the case sighting a jurisdiction issue. I was served yesterdy with custody papers on behalf of my ex and a hearing is set for the near future but I'm wondering if I will be able to see my infant son before the hearing. I'm a breastfeeding mother who has not be able to so since my son was taken from me.
Any advice you can give me regarding this is sincerely appreciated :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">