• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carnival Cruise line fights back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZORAN

18 months ago I desputed portion of the charge for the cruise vacation in the amount of $236.00 thru my credit card due to a poor accomodations. Credit was issued back to the card since merchant (Carnival Cruise Lines) did not respond in timely manner. However 18 months later I received a letter from a law firm that is representing CCL that is requesting immediate payment for this amount or ..."else"! Does anyone out there know if this law firm can actually do this? Since all this happened 18 months ago I don't have any documentation upon this despute and a law firm does not want to provide me with details. Please advice...Thank you.

[Edited by ZORAN on 02-04-2001 at 12:43 AM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Usually contractual suits can be filed from one to over 4 years. You need to find out what that ticket you bought said about which state law applied. Also, if your credit card company billed it back to you, they should help you.

Contact your credit card company and see what they say. CCL should be going after them not you.

You also might think about countersuing for abuse of process, and filing a frivolous lawsuit.

J

joseph17

cruise line/credit card dispute

I am a travel agent and am curious what the circumstances were that led to the poor accommodations and disputing the charges? Did you attempt to resolve the problem with the cruise line prior to this action, and if so what happened?

Just in case they can now sue you even 18 months later, it would be good to know the circumstances, in case it has to be settled or go to court as this will all undoubtedly come out, although I am not an attorney.

Wishing you well in the outcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">