• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rudonah

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am new to the forum and do not see a new members thread so I will just post here and hope for advice on where to post my questions.

My husband is an unfit father. I have had my children talk to their psychiatrist, a psychologist and their counselor about him and they are not helping me.
He began practicing infantilism in November of 2006 and even does it when the kids and I are home. He is also an emotional abuser as well as financially neglecting his family. I need to get us away from him and have him only have visitation with someone present from the court. I want to divorce him. I want him to move out as I work from home. I need my computer etc.

where should I post since this is for divorce and custody. PMs are welcome and IM on AIM as well.
Thanks
Rudonah

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am new to the forum and do not see a new members thread so I will just post here and hope for advice on where to post my questions.

My husband is an unfit father. I have had my children talk to their psychiatrist, a psychologist and their counselor about him and they are not helping me.
He began practicing infantilism in November of 2006 and even does it when the kids and I are home. He is also an emotional abuser as well as financially neglecting his family. I need to get us away from him and have him only have visitation with someone present from the court. I want to divorce him. I want him to move out as I work from home. I need my computer etc.

where should I post since this is for divorce and custody. PMs are welcome and IM on AIM as well.
Thanks
Rudonah
How old are the kids?

Why are the psychiatrist, psychologist and counselor not helping?

You're going to need to consult with an attorney. In general, though, asking for sole custody with only supervised visitation for the kids' father is a tough one. You're going to need substantial evidence that the kids are being harmed by his actions (or even know about them!). In order to show that, you will need significant support from the psychological professionals above and if they're not helping, you're going to have a hard time proving harm.

Rudonah

Thank You SeniorJudge. I appreciate your prompt reply.

I was told that he cannot be removed because it is not physical abuse. I was also told that I am getting the run around because this is territory that is not often trod.

If I have him served with divorce papers will he have to leave the home? (Cuyahoga County Ohio) That is if he is served at work is that any indication that he will not come home.

I need to go through the county legal aide society for the divorce but I want all of my ducks in a row before I go forward. I would like to straighten this out soon.

Thank you all for your help.

If I sound lost it is because I am.

Rudonah

Thank you

The kids have discussed their knowledge of their fathers activities with the professionals mentioned. I tell them that I want to get a divorce and the only thing that I can think of is that they don't want to separate a family. I really do also agree with the lady at the YWCA that this is not something that comes up every day.

The kids are 7 and 9.

mistoffolees

Thank You SeniorJudge. I appreciate your prompt reply.

I was told that he cannot be removed because it is not physical abuse. I was also told that I am getting the run around because this is territory that is not often trod.

If I have him served with divorce papers will he have to leave the home? (Cuyahoga County Ohio) That is if he is served at work is that any indication that he will not come home.

I need to go through the county legal aide society for the divorce but I want all of my ducks in a row before I go forward. I would like to straighten this out soon.

Thank you all for your help.

If I sound lost it is because I am.
Filing for divorce will not get him out of the home. You would need a restraining order to do that - and if the counselors are not willing to take a stand, that is unlikely.

Your best bet is to get the filing started ASAP and move forward as quickly as possible since you're probably not going to get rid of him via the courts. You could always hope that he would decide not to come home after being served, but don't count on it. Another option is to negotiate an agreement with him right away where he would have certain visitation and would move out. This is not binding, but as long as the two of you agree to it, it might work.

Good luck.

LdiJ

Filing for divorce will not get him out of the home. You would need a restraining order to do that - and if the counselors are not willing to take a stand, that is unlikely.

Your best bet is to get the filing started ASAP and move forward as quickly as possible since you're probably not going to get rid of him via the courts. You could always hope that he would decide not to come home after being served, but don't count on it. Another option is to negotiate an agreement with him right away where he would have certain visitation and would move out. This is not binding, but as long as the two of you agree to it, it might work.

Good luck.
Well, not necessarily a restraining order. She can petition for temporary possession of the marital home.

Is this what you are referring to:

Paraphilic infantilism is a paraphilia characterized by the desire to wear diapers and be treated as an infant[1] or toddler. One who engages in infantilistic play is known as an adult baby (AB). About one in three adult babies is also a diaper lover (DL),[2][3] so they are collectively known as AB/DLs.[4] The majority of infantilists are heterosexual males[5].

Paraphilic infantilism and diaper fetishes differ in self-image and the focus of attention. However, they can coexist in individuals and have some similarities in practice. Neither include a sexual preference for children. There is no singular, archetypical infantilism, but a range. Some fantasize about being free of guilt, responsibility, or control while others might not. Some act indistinguishably from a baby at times, while others practice in a way that would be unnoticed by passers by on the street. The desires and tastes of infantilists vary around common themes of diapers and babyhood.
If so, is he like this all the time or is it roll playing and he is a normal adult when its time to be a parent? Quite frankly I have never heard of this before your post...and my subsequent google...so I really don't know what to say.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">