• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking in the house hold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Toddthebamf

What is the name of your state? Minnnesota

I was hoping you could settle an argument for me.
I have heard that an individual under the age of 21 can legally drink on his parents property with his parents consent. E.I. a glass of wine at the dinner table.
I was wondering what the law has to say on this subject.
I would also encourage posting of personal opinions.Thank you.
Sincerely,
a concerend adult

seniorjudge

I have heard that an individual under the age of 21 can legally drink on his parents property with his parents consent. E.I. a glass of wine at the dinner table.

You heard wrong.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually.....

340A.503 PERSONS UNDER 21; ILLEGAL ACTS.
Subdivision 1. Consumption. (a) It is unlawful for any:
(1) retail intoxicating liquor or 3.2 percent malt liquor licensee, municipal liquor store, or
bottle club permit holder under section 340A.414, to permit any person under the age of 21 years
to drink alcoholic beverages on the licensed premises or within the municipal liquor store; or
(2) person under the age of 21 years to consume any alcoholic beverages. If proven by a
preponderance of the evidence, it is an affirmative defense to a violation of this clause that the
defendant consumed the alcoholic beverage in the household of the defendant's parent or guardian
and with the consent of the parent or guardian.

(b) An offense under paragraph (a), clause (2), may be prosecuted either in the jurisdiction
where consumption occurs or the jurisdiction where evidence of consumption is observed.
(c) As used in this subdivision, "consume" includes the ingestion of an alcoholic beverage
and the physical condition of having ingested an alcoholic beverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">