• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Divorce advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkio3000

What is the name of your state? Maryland

hi, i got married when i was 18 (1992) and we stayed together for a year then i left him the next year (1994) we have been separated ever since that's about 13 years so far we hav'ent been in contact ever since i left the relationship. i donot know his where abouts etc. and i would like to make the sparation legal and get my maiden name back officially, we don't have any assets, kids, etc. together, any advice is welcomed :(What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Do you have ANY children at all? Do you have any property that you bought since the date of marriage (home, car, boat)?

Also, you will need to file for a divorce and have him served if even by publication (which will most likely require an attorney to make sure that is properly done).

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Maryland

hi, i got married when i was 18 (1992) and we stayed together for a year then i left him the next year (1994) we have been separated ever since that's about 13 years so far we hav'ent been in contact ever since i left the relationship. i donot know his where abouts etc. and i would like to make the sparation legal and get my maiden name back officially, we don't have any assets, kids, etc. together, any advice is welcomed :(What is the name of your state?
You are going to need an attorney. This should not be a particularly complicated situation if you hire one, nor even a particularly expensive one.

However, you might want to at least try to track down your husband's family, because its possible that he may have divorced YOU sometime in the last 13 years. If so, the only thing that you would need to address is changing your last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">