• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitclaim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S. Atkinson

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My husband has filed for a divorce after several month's separation. I left the home we shared at the start of our separation and have told my husband that I am not seeking to keep the house. In the papers I was given there is a quitclaim form for me to sign giving up my interest and claim to the house, but my husband is looking to sell the house. If I sign this quitclaim deed, does that relinquish my right to any profits from the selling of the house? Or does my name being on the loan for the house still entitle me to half of the profits? I ask this because I cleaned out my 401k for the down payment on the house when we bought it and I believe I should be entitled to get at least that part back if/when the house sells. What are my rights as far as this is concerned?

justalayman

sounds like you don;t have an attorney.

Do NOT sign the QC deed until the mortgage is paid in full and released. If you do, you will own no interest in the property but will still be responsible for the mortgage loan.

You will be entitled to whatever your divorce decree states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">