• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dance Lessons...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JHawk1977

What is the name of your State? South Carolina

My fiance and I decided to take dance lessons at a local studio in Rock Hill. We went to our first lesson and decided to pay for 10 lessons at $60 per lesson ($600). We did not sign a contract of any kind. After the third lesson, we decided we didn't like it and wanted to quit. We notified the studio owner and were told that her policy is no refunds. We feel that we are owed our money back for the unused lessons or $420. The studio owner states that she has a sign hanging in the studio that says no refunds. We were never made aware of her "policy" either in verbal or written form. I do not feel like we are asking for a refund because we didn't receive a service that we want money back for. We are asking for money back for the services that were never provided to us that we pre-paid for.

Do we have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">