• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a legal advice on divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Need true advic

Hi I got separated since 1 month from my husband. I have a minor son whose custody is with me and my husband and his parents take him for visitation as per their desire and time. We both had fights and he and his parents had abused (physical and verbal) me a lot while I used to live in his apartment but I don’t have any proof for the same. Now, if I go to court and file complaints about him, does the court agree?? My husband is trying to be nice to me so that I don’t go to court which he did several times in past 3 years and I used to save my marriage. But now it is getting harder to maintain my marriage as I can not bear his and his parents cruelty. He is denying to give me divorce, how should I proceed as I don’t have any proof??? Also, I would like to avoid the visitation for my son before I go to court, can I do that??? Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Need true advic

Will the restaining order a kick start for filing a complaint??? Do we surely need an advocate for the same??? Can't we go to a court and ask for it directly??? I have paid big sum of my money for my expenses till date. Now I have started my life from scratch and I don't have savings which i can spend on all this legal actions, what should I do??? Can I call 911 if he comes for my son's visitation as I don't want him to take my son??? Do you think that way I could resist his entry and he will file a suite to get his son???

Silverplum

Can I call 911 if he comes for my son's visitation as I don't want him to take my son??? Do you think that way I could resist his entry and he will file a suite to get his son???
:eek:
You're not going to GET anywhere this way. :(

And I, for one, won't HELP you figure out how to OWN your child.

Need true advic

Ok, I will do that. And I learned that I can not resisit his father's visits to him. The reason why I wanted to avoid it is he took him for more then a day and he called me up and statred cursing saying I won't give him back to you. To be honest with you I don't want to lose my son...

Silverplum

And I learned that I can not resisit his father's visits to him.
Insert "DUH"-type remark of your choice here. :rolleyes:
Need true advic said:
The reason why I wanted to avoid it is he took him for more then a day and he called me up and statred cursing saying I won't give him back to you. To be honest with you I don't want to lose my son...
That's life as a divorced person with child/ren.
Get used to it.
MUCH worse happens to people.

LdiJ

Hi I got separated since 1 month from my husband. I have a minor son whose custody is with me and my husband and his parents take him for visitation as per their desire and time. We both had fights and he and his parents had abused (physical and verbal) me a lot while I used to live in his apartment but I don’t have any proof for the same. Now, if I go to court and file complaints about him, does the court agree?? My husband is trying to be nice to me so that I don’t go to court which he did several times in past 3 years and I used to save my marriage. But now it is getting harder to maintain my marriage as I can not bear his and his parents cruelty. He is denying to give me divorce, how should I proceed as I don’t have any proof??? Also, I would like to avoid the visitation for my son before I go to court, can I do that??? Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Find a way to hire an attorney. You need that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">