• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I make her leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AERO33

I live in Missouri.
My divorce has been final for a year and a half. In our decree, it was said that our house would be listed and sold and both mine and my EX's name are on the deed to the house. The mortgage is in my name. She immediately got a new residence. We have 2 kids and have joint physical/legal custody so we have halves on everything. My ex was the listing agent on our house since she had a realtor license at the time and she let it lapse almost a year ago so the house was taken off the market and I continued to live there with both kids half the time as it's more of what they call their "home". Last December, we decided to work things out and she rented her condo for, what i thought at the time, was 6 months. She rented it for a year. We have since decided we are not going to work it out. She has done some seriously inappropriate things to me which resulted in us not working out (lying, cheating, affairs, etc.). I would like more than anything for her to leave IMMEDIATELY. She is saying she does not have to leave because her name is on the deed to the house now...even though the mortgage has been in my name. She can't go back to her condo because it's being rented. This has basically been my (and the kids') house for the past year and a half without her there. She has been back 3 months, we aren't going to reconcile, and she now plans on staying until her renters are out of her condo. It's made for a horrible living experience as she parties every night, continues dating while living there, and does NOTHING around the house and pays for nothing on the house. Her bahavioral issues (not as a parent but as a spouse/girlfriend) are too lengthy to list. Do I have any legal right to force her to leave?

seniorjudge

I would like more than anything for her to leave IMMEDIATELY. She is saying she does not have to leave because her name is on the deed to the house now...even though the mortgage has been in my name.

She is correct.

tuffbrk

Hmm...but what does the divorce state with regard to residency? That you both would reside there until it was sold? Put it up for sale then...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">