• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tallglass59

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My question is if someone takes me to court on a civil matter, and the person taking me to court has no proof that they paid out a certain dollar amount, but there is a third party that stated she paid it, and still she had no proof, "but the judge ruled it in there favor". The order goes to my employer to garnish my wages, but they decline it because it was a federal office, so the order went back to court. It has now been a year and I would like to pay the person who originally paid out the money owed and it's the third party person. Can I do that or do I have to pay the money back to the people who originally took me to court.

tallglass59

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow, that was a pretty short post, yet it left my head spinning.

Let's make it simple.
If the court ordered you to pay "Betty Boop", then you pay "Betty Boop".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">