• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights voluntary surrendered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbryant0815

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My husband and I began the process of adopting a baby through DFACS a few months ago. Prior to beginning this process my husband spoke at length with this particular childs case worker's supervisor to make certain that we were as he put it "running a race that we couldn't win" because we were aware that a cousin to this baby may be interested in trying to get her, and the case manager told him that Mom's rights were voluntarily surrendered and no Dad had been identified but an ad still had to be run in the paper. She then told my husband that meant that there were no longer familial contacts since Moms rights were terminated. And until today we have been led to believe that this child would be placed with us for adoption. Today we learned that somehow this cousin who didn't originally pass her home evaluation has suddenly complied with all of the requests that have been made of her, and the child will be placed with her unless she changes her mind. My husband and I are in complete shock and feel as though we are losing our baby. We have grown very attached to her and she to us and we need advice. Can someone please tell us if this cousin should still receive preferential consideration because she is a biological relative?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">