• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimberlymz

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am in Seminole County and would like to know what is the best way to find information on a Defendant. The bank account they had closed and I would like to find a (cheap) way to get any information so I can garnish his wages.What is the name of your state?

racer72

You can do online searches, they cost from $30 up to $100. Or you can hire a private detective for about $100 an hour.

dcatz

If you’re going to use a commercial online site, bear in mind that those to which you get access on a one-time basis are essentially public record aggregators. They may be able to provide a good deal of information but, unless your debtor owns a business or has a professional license, I expect that employment data is among the least likely information that you will get. The cost is likely to be toward the low end of racer’s scale, but check whether a site can provide what you want before you spend.

A good P.I. could do the job, if it can be done, and it’s likely that you can get service for a flat fee and probably one that is contingent – i.e. $X for a job and $XX for a locate.

If the bank account was closed recently, you might try a subpoena for the account card. If it doesn’t give you an employer, it should give you a SSAN, which will aid in further efforts.

You’re in FL and your post refers to “they”. Remember there is a Head of Household exemption in FL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">