• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Fast...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unhappy007

Hello everyone,

I got served with divorce papers about a month ago. I know you have 30 days to respond to them. I'm not mentally ready, and my husband is being and ass about giving me an extention.

I'm seeing a therapist.

I'd like to know, what would happen if I don't respond in these 30 days? (The deadline was yesterday).

Please help. Do you think I should run over to the court now and file a response? I truely am not happy. I feel I can't deal with this right now.

Just Blue

Hello everyone,

I got served with divorce papers about a month ago. I know you have 30 days to respond to them. I'm not mentally ready, and my husband is being and ass about giving me an extention.

I'm seeing a therapist.

I'd like to know, what would happen if I don't respond in these 30 days? (The deadline was yesterday).

Please help. Do you think I should run over to the court now and file a response? I truely am not happy. I feel I can't deal with this right now.

Your kidding right? You didn't respond to the petition because you're "unhappy"? How unhappy do you think you'll be when you get zip in the divorce cause you didn't respond?

U

Unhappy007

They can do that?

That's why I'm here. Because I don't know.

Do you think I should run over there an respond now?

U

Unhappy007

I'm sorry. I sound like a dumbass.

I just hired a lawyer. What do you think - will a judge zing me for responding a couple days late?

Just Blue

I'm sorry. I sound like a dumbass.

I just hired a lawyer. What do you think - will a judge zing me for responding a couple days late?
Nah...Just tell him/her that you were unhappy and didn't think filing a response on time was important enough to put down the pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Carmel Fudge, shutting Days of Our Lives off and getting out of bed. S/he will understand...:rolleyes:

CourtClerk

She's entitled to click on whatever thread she so darn well pleases, but I see you hopped your depressed azz out of bed long enough to get on the internet.

With any luck, your soon to be ex has already file for default and it will now cost you THOUSANDS to unravel it. See how depressed THAT ONE makes you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

I am not being an .. I am pointing out to you the utter absurdity of your reasoning. You didn't respond to a motion for divorce and expect the Court to cut you slack because you are unhappy. Your words, not mine. EVERYONE who is divorcing is unhappy...what makes you so special that the Judge will cater to your moods?? Grow up.

BTW: Swear on this site again and I will report you to admin. Learn how to communicate without using filthy language...that would be part of being a grown up.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was going to tell you what could be done but since you are being this rude, forget it. Because there is an easy solution. Go pay your attorney to find it out though. :rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Too late. As for the growing up part if she apologizes there is a real easy method for her attorney to use to get more time. I know becuase I am using it this week :) Also why she thinks her HUSBAND can give her an extension I have no clue. But then again OP is also clueless about the legal process if she thinks hubby has ANY control over court rules.

Part of growing up would be to apologize to you. Then I MIGHT help her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey...I told the snit what to do! Put the ice cream down, turn the soaps off and get out of bed. That was good advice!! :p

I am also the one to advise her to get an attorney...;)
The thing is IF she has an attorney and the attorney actually knows ANYTHING, the attorney would know what to do to get around the deadline. But then again maybe some attorneys are not that bright. And after 30 days she did nothing but in two hours she hired an attorney? Oh. Okay. Hey Bay sounds like the OG Factor was put to good use.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Because everyone else already said what I'm thinking, I'll just add:

THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">