• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jakeva

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have been married a little more than two months. Upon coming home from work one day, I found that my wife had been smoking marijuana in our house. She later admitted to me she had been doing this behind my back occasionally for several months. She had been hiding it because I am a local police officer, and a member of the military reserves, and she knows I have no tolerance for these kinds of activities. Since my discovery, we fight constantly, and truthfully, I feel I cannot trust her. I am preparing for a federal military activation and deployment overseas, and I do not see how I could trust her with me being gone for over a year.

I have not moved out of our house, as of yet, because I do not have anyhwere else to go, but I have been actively searching for a new place.

Am I eligable for an annulment in Virginia?

tuffbrk

Yeah - just file and get a divorce. Who needs you?

Certainly your wife doesn't need any emotional support from you. She's doing something you disagree with, she hid it from you? Goodness gracious me!!

End it now - clearly you do not love her, you never did and you have no clue what a commitment entails if it is outside the work environment and what you want to commit to...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Certainly your wife doesn't need any emotional support from you. She's doing something you disagree with, she hid it from you? Goodness gracious me!!

End it now - clearly you do not love her, you never did and you have no clue what a commitment entails if it is outside the work environment and what you want to commit to...
Ummm, she is breaking the law and he is a police officer. If she gets in trouble legally he can lose his job.

2Mistakes

:eek:

Please tell me this post was in jest. She's doing illegal drugs in their house, for God's sake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">