• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce settlement agreement/contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girlfrogi

What is the name of your state? Kansas
About 2 1/2 yrs. ago I got divorced. We had gone to mediation and came to an agreement after 2 yrs. We agreed that I got an amount of $ from property we owned, I agreed I would get a few things that we had aquired during the marriage. I was also to recieve the items that belonged to my children from a previous marriage. He had 30 days to return all the items. I got some of the items but not all of them. He had excuses. He said he didn't have then anymore or they were broke or whatever. It was a Divorce settlement agreement and he did not comply. We went back to court and the judge allowed his excuses and ordered him to pay a very small amount for the items. I talked to the judge afterwords. He alluded to me that I could get him for contempt. Does anyone know if I can? If so what the statue of limitations would be for this in Kansas. I would never have agreed if I wasn't going to recieve the items that he agreed to give me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The judge committed an ethical violation if he was talking to you about the case without the other party around and gave you legal advice.

As for contempt, what did you take him back to court for that he was ordered to pay you? What court did you take him too to get money for the items?

Bali Hai

The judge committed an ethical violation if he was talking to you about the case without the other party around and gave you legal advice.

As for contempt, what did you take him back to court for that he was ordered to pay you? What court did you take him too to get money for the items?
Does this surprise you???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">