• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15yr old Daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TDeseguirant01

What is the name of your state? WA

My daughter got into a yelling arguement with my boyfriend while I was at work, used that as the excuse to move in with her non-parental dad. (Dad didn't raise her, he is an ex-boyfriend of mine, and she was 9 when he was in my life) But he is gone fishing, Alaska fisherman, his father stays at his house, so basically no supervision.
I only let her stay there because she had already enrolled into an alternitive school while I was at work, etc. I checked out the school, it is a good school, she can even graduate before her senor yr.. (If she wanted too)
Now my problem.....
She won't be 16 until Dec. 16th - Her boyfriend is 1yr older, and homeless, and won't let me meet his mother. (out of respect for my daughter I havn't just went over to meet his mother, YET?) He is trying to stay where my daughter is at! Not happening!! Now i found out she hasn't even been in school, or at her dad's place.. She tried telling me she would run away if I tried to pick her up, and theres nothing I can do about it..
Now that I am beyond pissed!! I know there is just not sure what....
My son told me that at Jevenile Courts, there is something I can do, and have my daughter sit there with me, basically, theres a form that she would have to sign and if she so much as doesn't even clean her room like I ask, tahn I make the phone call and she is locked up in Jevenile Hall..
Now I NEVER thought i would ever in life put my baby there, EVER.. But my God she is not thinking about her damn safty, or future in any way...
I NEED HELP PLEASE.. THANKS Tiffany

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? WA

My daughter got into a yelling arguement with my boyfriend while I was at work, used that as the excuse to move in with her non-parental dad. (Dad didn't raise her, he is an ex-boyfriend of mine, and she was 9 when he was in my life) But he is gone fishing, Alaska fisherman, his father stays at his house, so basically no supervision. And you are simply allowing a stranger to be with your 15 year old girl?
I only let her stay there because she had already enrolled into an alternitive school while I was at work, etc. I checked out the school, it is a good school, she can even graduate before her senor yr.. (If she wanted too)
You waited long enough for her to enroll in school? Hello Mom, She can't just enroll herself.

Now my problem
.....You had problems when you allowed her to stay in a strange mans home.

She won't be 16 until Dec. 16th - Her boyfriend is 1yr older, and homeless, and won't let me meet his mother. (out of respect for my daughter I havn't just went over to meet his mother, YET?
) Where would you find her if she is homeless?
He is trying to stay where my daughter is at! Not happening!! Now i found out she hasn't even been in school, or at her dad's place.. She tried telling me she would run away if I tried to pick her up, and theres nothing I can do about it..
Grow up and be a freaking mother. Now that I am beyond pissed!! I know there is just not sure what....
My son told me that at Jevenile Courts, there is something I can do, and have my daughter sit there with me, basically, theres a form that she would have to sign and if she so much as doesn't even clean her room like I ask, tahn I make the phone call and she is locked up in Jevenile Hall..
Now I NEVER thought i would ever in life put my baby there, EVER..
But my God she is not thinking about her damn safty, or future in any way...
I NEED HELP PLEASE.. THANKS Tiffany
Neither are you.

PS. Did you have a legal question?

Last edited:

TDeseguirant01

And you are simply allowing a stranger to be with your 15 year old girl?

And you are simply allowing a stranger to be with your 15 year old girl?
:eek:UM NO!!! Stranger is Grandpa to her, the only one that she has ever had....

Where would you find her if she is homeless?
:confused: Thats the problem, I wouldn't be able to find her...

My Question?
:eek: Juvenile Courts, there is something I can do, and have my daughter sit there with me, basically, theres a form that she would have to sign and if she so much as doesn't even clean her room like I ask, than I make the phone call and she is locked up in Juvenile Hall..

Now as far as grow up and be a freaking Mother!!!
If I already didn't feel so down about this whole situation, than normally I wouldn't get offended by those kind of comments... I've raised 3 kids, two of which were my step children, PTA for 3 different schools, oldest daughter has CP. Given birth to two sons, 1 gave up for adaption, to young and living on my own since 15, not by choice either. 2nd son died 12 days after birth, diaphragmatic hernia. Than my daughter....

So if I can get an answer to my question that would be wonderful, and maybe any suggestions on what corner to go around next would be great.

I don't want to beat my daughter, or threaten her with violence, I don't want to have her run away either than never see her again. my heart breaks every night..

By the way, she forged my signature to enroll into her new school, apparently the school didn't require face to face contact with a actual parent to enroll new students.. I think thats bull**** but hey what the hell do i know right!

Call your local juvenile center and ask about an "Incorrigibility Hearing" or equivilent.

It will probably be required that she broke some sort of law, (perhaps forgery... you may have to press charges) and what may happen is that a "contract" of sorts is written up and she's put on some form of probabtion policed by yourself. If she breaks contract, she's liable to serve some time with the juvenile sytem. Your local Juvenile system can help you understand their particulars better.

Problem with that is this: You think the friends/influences that she has now are bad?... wait until she gets forced to hang around and befriend/be influenced by the kids she meets throught the juvy system.

Have you reported her as a runaway yet?

You don't have to beat her or even threaten violence. but you also don't have to provide her with ipods, mobile phones, interweb, xbox, doors on her room, non-keyed deadbolted doors, alarm free windows, landline access, etc.

You've stated what a good parent you've been in the past... don't stop now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">