• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family law--alienation of affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wgbrntravel@Yah

What is the name of your state? Utah. I'd like to know if I can sue the individual my wife was having an affair with. married 6/03/05 divorced 9/13/07. during separation she was intimate with her new husbsand who was not willing to back off his advances. Do I have any lega rights against him at this time against him. They were married in Dec '07 in Mexico.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No. You should have dealt with this while she was still your wife. And most states have done away with alienation of affection.

xylene

What is the name of your state? Utah. I'd like to know if I can sue the individual my wife was having an affair with. married 6/03/05 divorced 9/13/07. during separation she was intimate with her new husbsand who was not willing to back off his advances. Do I have any lega rights against him at this time against him. They were married in Dec '07 in Mexico.
Is it possible?

Yes. Utah allows alienation of affection as a civil tort.

HOWEVER -

The exact facts matter.

You state this affair occurred during separation.

IE were you going to get divorced before this happened?

Alienation of affection is a hard case to win, even in Utah.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">