• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about recorded conversations.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortnr

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My question is in three parts.

1. I notified my wife in the presense of a third party that at my discretion, any conversation between me and her could be recorded. Do I still have to notify her every time I record a conversation, or will that first notification be all that is necissary?

2. If we both live in the same house, does she still have a reasonable expection of privacy that will keep me from being able to record her?

3. Every time we have a conversation, recorded or not, she states, "For the record, I do not consent to this recording." All research I've done in the ORS say that she need only be notified, and that I do not need her permission. Would any recordings be admissible in court if she doesn't "consent" to them?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">