• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is OSHA ALL POWERFULL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sawdust2

I am being fined for a accident on a jobsite and I feel the inspector is simply shooting from the hip and hoping I pull out my checkbook and pay the fine. I am in the appeal process and feel I have a slam dunk case against OSHA do I or how do I go about a punitive damage suit against OSHA for ruining my business???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sawdust2 said:
I am being fined for a accident on a jobsite and I feel the inspector is simply shooting from the hip and hoping I pull out my checkbook and pay the fine. I am in the appeal process and feel I have a slam dunk case against OSHA do I or how do I go about a punitive damage suit against OSHA for ruining my business???
My response:

First, you have to win the underlying action. When you do, then you get an attorney willing to take on your case for Abuse of Process and Malicious Prosecution. Such a lawsuit is extremely difficult to prove and win - - and, that's assuming you can get past all of the Governmental Immunity laws.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">