• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Harrassment Restraining order, violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ScaredOfHer

What is the name of your state? CA
I have had someone harrassing me via telephone, internet and email. There were threats, etc. Local police department did nothing and said to go after them civiliy. I did get a restraining order and have not persued anything civily as of yet. Now.. for my question. This person called the IRS and now I am being audited. I am not concerned about the audit as I have nothing fraudulent on my return and actually have a CPA do my taxes. The question is this. Since I have evidence (the person posted about using the IRS to get revenge on someone) is this a violation of the restraining order? The post was a little over 3 weeks before I was contacted by the IRS...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">