• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Title in Deceased Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aklump

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My mother passed away 6 months ago. I realize that the title for my handicap brother's, John, wheelchair lift van is in my mother's name alone. John is too disabled to drive and has no driver's license (never has).

Besides my brother, John, I have 3 other siblings. I would like to transfer the title to my brother, John, since it's his van. He can own one vehicle on Missouri Medicaid, says the Division of Social Services. For liability reasons, we the siblings feel this is the best choice.

My mother had no will as everything, other than this van, was in joint ownership with me.

The insurance is due on it, so I will go ahead and pay that. The insurance show mom as a non-driver, and my brother-in-law as a driver.

Will I have to Probate the van? Thanks for any information you can give.What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">