• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any help is greatly appreciated - death of family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjbear

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My aunt's husband left her 9-7-07 with a note on the table. No forwarding address, no phone number and a letter that said my attorney will contact you. She never heard personally from him again. He left her with the mortgage and all bills and all property left in the house. She could not afford the bills and was forced to move to an apartment. The divorce was filed. She moved what she could and gave away what she didn't want. On 1-25-08 she was killed in an auto accident. Her daughter who was 23 was living with her and was financially dependent on her mom. Today the "husband" who fled to Florida came back in the picture and is now demanding all the personal property the 23 year old is using to live. Example, couch, bed, household items. If he abandoned those items does he now have the right to reclaim. My cousin is a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">