• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qhluvr34

What is the name of your state? Indiana

2 yrs ago our neighbor boy, (who grew up with my 2 older children) was over visiting my daughter and saw my son working on the go cart, they could get it to start but not run very long. He looked at it and said it needed a carburater. He said he could fix it for us for nothing as his grandfather had extra parts. It also needed the chain adjusted (which I bought), he wanted to take it to his grandfather to help him work on it. I said ok, well we still have not gotten our go cart back, I have had contact with him many times as to when he is bringing it back, he keeps saying it isn't ready yet, and says it is taking time because they are using used parts and his grandfather has to look for them (asking friends if they had a part and then going to get it) plus his grandfather has been ill and in the hospital several times. We went to his house several times to ask about it and got the same answer. They moved last yr, and several times I talked with his mom and also stopped them on the road as they were moving stuff, he said he would bring it back as soon as he got a truck, I even offered to take him but he said, in front of his mom he would bring it back. I have no idea where the go cart is except it is at his grandparents house, I have even mentioned it to his mother (who I was friends with) I said I would go get it but she told him to bring it back. Well I finally found out where they live and went to see about it and was told I cannot have my go cart because they put $500 in it, they said it needed a new motor and several other things. They also said their grandson told him it was given to him and asked his grandfather to fix it, they have been riding it for a yr as have other members of the family. I called my friend and she refused to have anything to do with it saying it was my fault I didn't go get it sooner, I reminded her that I did try, that he was told we wanted it back and he always gave us an excuse, plus I have been off and on medical leave for 2 yrs (work comp) and couldn't lift it so he said he would bring it back. I also didn't know where they lived. I now have no go cart inless I pay the $500. My go cart did not need a motor, just a carberater. It was only 2 yrs old and had been ran very little, the carberator was because it got left out in the weather, or at least that is what the store told us when we were buying the chain and wheel bearings. I think that the boy got it running and tore it up so they had to put a new motor in it and I feel I shouldn't have to pay for that. What can I do legally?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">