• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce and separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe7045

What is the name of your state? IN

My wife and I are getting a divorce. We are doing a 2 month trial on joint custody before we file for divorce. During this time can we file a separation and seperate our bills? She has stopped paying some of her bills that will go on my credit. She is keeping the house and she is not paying on the equity loan and her car payment.What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? IN

My wife and I are getting a divorce. We are doing a 2 month trial on joint custody before we file for divorce. During this time can we file a separation and seperate our bills? She has stopped paying some of her bills that will go on my credit. She is keeping the house and she is not paying on the equity loan and her car payment.What is the name of your state?
You could try, but you need to realize that even if a separation or divorce makes her responsible for certain bills, if your name is on them, and she can't or won't pay them, then then creditors will still go after you. They are not parties to your divorce, and are subject only to the original credit agreement. A divorce won't make that go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">