• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr old pregnant & causing problems at home help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

virgosuperstar

What is the name of your state? FL
ok here goes i am new to this site, i have a relative who has a 16 yr old stepdaughter who is pregnant (around 5 mnths) we all just found out about a month ago, she plans on keeping the baby, her mom does not seem to really care what this girl does, & as this relative of mine is only her step dad & he has tried to help this girl along with her older 2 siblings (he has been their step dad for 5 yrs)(they have made life difficult for him even physically hurting him at one point & he was arrested for defending himself),she is also sneaking a boy into the house when they are at work against his wishes & he was told by the police as long as she lives there she is inviting him in there is nothing he can do(although i disagree as if something happens to this kid my relative is responsible for him even though he is not aware of when he is there)(we suggested he talk to the boys parents but they speak no english!)however yesterday this 16 yr old destroyed some of my relatives property stereo, computer etc, still unsure of why she did this, he was at work when this happend. we are worried for his safety, he is being told b/c she is 16 & pregnant there is nothing he can do, he cannot kick her out, he is not her biological father (who happens to be in jail) & therefore the mother(his wife) really does not care, so there is not much he can do, but we worry b/c of the type of people she is around, is there any way he can prevent these kids from being in his house when he is not there(i suggested a camera) can he do anything about the 16 yr old, they cannot afford boot camp or anything like that. i am worried for his safety and what happens when she has this baby? i suggested adoption but he states she does not want to do that. she has no job, i dont think she is even in school anymore. we do not really involve ourselves in this girls life or her moms as she does not really care for us and all she does is complain about my relative of what he does not do. i need legal advice, what can he do? we also suggested he just go his separate way sell the house and such. we are worried about his life at this point. please anybody help!! any advice is well appreciated.....thank you all!What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Kendyll

Why not have the responsible adult take this child before a Judge in Family Court and file a PINS against her. PINS is Person In Need of Supervision. The stepdad should have called the police and filed a report for the destruction of property. The mother who does not care and has resolved to be uninvolved should be taken to court as well since she is taking that stance.

JMHO

ichy

Your relative needs to get the hell away from these people. After that they are no longer his problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">