• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic Sold My Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LY58DIA

What is the name of your state? NEW MEXICO

Last year, I took my car to a local unlicensed mechanic. (Does services on the side.) We have our cell phone company's bills showing our calls back and forth for the car he was fixing. I kept calling on updates and he kept telling me he was waiting for parts, etc. Finally, he tells me that he had filed a form at the MVD that states a vehicle was left abandoned on his property? And, he received the title for the car and sold it. My car is a 1997 Chevy Cavaliar, it was worth alot more than what he claims he sold it for, $1,000. He said he fixed it, and to help me out, he sold it. Now, he does not answer my calls, I visit him occasionally for answers but he is never at his home. (Friends and Family say he isn't) What should I do? Do I just let it go and not do anything?

Thank you for your time!

BL

If he's no where to be found , how do you plan on filing suite , and if successful collecting ?

You might have phone records of calls , but you can't prove the conversation .

Could be he warned you what would happen if you didn't pay .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">