• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What questions to ask in an interrogatory?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

switchex

What is the name of your state? MD

I have a judgment against my tenants for back rent and damages. I am preparing an interrogatory to send out next week but not sure what to ask other than the very obvious (employer, income, bank accounts) .. I was hoping to find some sample question on the net but no luck yet. Any idea as to what to ask is appreciated. I need to ask 15 questions and so far I have the following 7:

1- Sources of income received (list all current employers, payroll or non-payroll wages, self employment income, including those not reported for tax purposes)

2- Wages earned (Income amount from each source listed above)

3- List of any bank account (checking/saving/CD, etc.)

4- Current amount of money in each account as of today.

5- List of any assets owned or co-owned with value over $500 (real estate, cars, jewelry, computer(s))

6- Current term(s) of lease (yearly/monthly/weekly, or no contract)

7- List of any other judgment against you with amount owed.

seniorjudge

It's too late for interrogatories.

I think you mean a judgment debtor exam.

What you have sounds good.

Ask also if anyone owes them money.

switchex

seniorjudge, sorry, don't understand .. it is stated by the MD court that:

"once 30 days have passed since your judgement, you can submit 15 written questions to defandant ... to help you find assets ..... the defandant has 15 days to answer the interrogatories"

In MD it is called :Interrogatories in Aid of Execution. Are we just confused about the terms used in MD?

wasn't sure why u said it is too late?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">