• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking surrenders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karaduke

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Eleven weeks ago my boyfriend and I placed our son for adoption. Neither of us wanted to make this decision, but we did anyways. My mother was a strong influence on the decision and manipulated the situation to get her way. We signed surrenders, but have ever since regretted our decision. Is there any way we can revoke surrenders and get our son back? He would be loved and well taken care of.

momofrose

First, as an adoptive mom, I feel for you. Second - unless the adoption is finalized (and highly doubt it is being only 11 weeks after surrender) - you can ask for your rights to be re-instated - youwould need a VERY good attorney though. You would have to prove that you were coerced, manipulated or threatened that you must place your baby for adoption, and that is NOT easy.

Is it possible? Yes - but it will be difficult.

d

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">