• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right to inherit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richie78

What is the name of your state? Maryland

When a decendant under the law of inheritance is an heir to a future inheritance from his maternal grandparents, dies before the grandparents, doesn't the right to the future inheritance pass under the probate laws of Maryland just like any other asset that are in his name?

Texas Law indicates in PROBATE CODE, CHAPTER II. DESCENT AND DISTRIBUTION § 37A (e) Definitions. The term "property" as used in this section shall include all legal and equitable interests, powers, and property, whether present or future, whether vested or contingent, and whether beneficial or burdensome, in whole or in part.

Tried to locate the Maryland Probate Law that would help clarify this point, but can't access the Find Law website for the Maryland laws for some reason. Anyone have any information about this ?

richie78

So??? I have probate questions in all three states, Maryland where my Mother lived and died, Massachusetts where my Aunt and Grand parents died, and Texas where my Son lived and died. What does it matter anyway, when I am trying to understand probate issues that are directly affecting my family? Can't you be helpful, if you know the answer to my query, instead of being so negative? There's just more than enough anguish and pain associated with probate evidenced on this board, such that you don't have to contribute to make it worse by trying to imply something, I don't know what.

richie78

Thanks for the link. I used Google to try to get to the Maryland laws, and got a whole bunch of apparent links, including FindLaw, that all tried to access a webpage beginning with a series of numbers beginning with "198", and each and everyone came back with the same message that connection was refused. I searched for "maryland probate inheritance". What did you use as your search criteria?

richie

ShyCat

So??? I have probate questions in all three states, Maryland where my Mother lived and died, Massachusetts where my Aunt and Grand parents died, and Texas where my Son lived and died. What does it matter anyway, when I am trying to understand probate issues that are directly affecting my family? Can't you be helpful, if you know the answer to my query, instead of being so negative? There's just more than enough anguish and pain associated with probate evidenced on this board, such that you don't have to contribute to make it worse by trying to imply something, I don't know what.
Ah well. I thought it was your child's grandfather that died (or would die) in Texas after the death of the child's mother. At least, that was the revised version of the Texas drama. I can understand why you'd get confused, the cast of characters and locations keep changing from one post to the next. Very entertaining, your ghoulish concern for the welfare of other people's money. One can always hope the cat inherits everything.

justalayman

Thanks for the link. I used Google to try to get to the Maryland laws, and got a whole bunch of apparent links, including FindLaw, that all tried to access a webpage beginning with a series of numbers beginning with "198", and each and everyone came back with the same message that connection was refused. I searched for "maryland probate inheritance". What did you use as your search criteria?

on google I typed in: maryland

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGIH,GGIH:2007-26,GGIH:en&q=maryland

then when the first page came up, go to the bottom and click "serch within results"

then type in: intestate succession

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGIH,GGIH:2007-26,GGIH:en&q=maryland&as_q=intestate+succession&btnG=Search within results

the second link "Annotated Code of Maryland - Estates and Trust Article"

is Marylands state link I provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">