• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to Delinquency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emmabecool

What is the name of your state? Arizona. I received a criminal ticket while temporarily in AZ. I live in Washington state. My child opened the door and went outside and someone called the police. He was only outside for a minute or so, before I realized he had went out. He had never gone outside on his own previously. The door in the house were closed. Anyway, I am trying to find out how to avoid going to AZ from WA for court dates as I have no money and I have no place to live in AZ. There must be a way to take care of this from another state? I hope someone knows?What is the name of your state?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Is there more to this than your post? I'm wondering why it's contributing to the delinquency--as opposed to something more along the lines of endangerment. How old is your child?

emmabecool

No more to it

No, that is pretty much it. The police officer just said that is what he was giving me a criminal ticket for. I have gone to the first court date and borrowed money to do that and I have to go back again, and then they will give me a public defender and then again? And again?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Is there more to this than your post? I'm wondering why it's contributing to the delinquency--as opposed to something more along the lines of endangerment. How old is your child?
I'm with you, Clt...

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Well, looks like I'm wrong. According to the Arizona Code:

"Delinquency" means any act that tends to debase or injure the morals, health or welfare of a child.

I suppose that can be interpreted as more than just enabling a child to be delinquent.

This is just a complete WAG, emmabecool--which I usually try to resist doing--but I've heard of instances where attorneys have appeared on behalf of their client. Consult a lawyer in Arizona and see if that's an option for you.

Keep checking back, someone with more specific knowledge may respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">