• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage possession of alcohol with a .001

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patty b

What is the name of your state? Virginia

ok so last night me and some of my friends we're drinking in woods on private property(which none of us own or know the owners) and they find all this beer sitting around us and when they take us back to the car we take breathalyzers and i blew a .001, now this is my first offense i am wondering what will happen if anybody knows. also 3 of my freinds were 18 and over and there were three of us that were 17 including me , now none of us said that the older guys got it but they still got charged with contributing is there anything i can do about that?

thank you

sagito327

If you blew a .001 then that cop was packing one hell of a breathalyzer. I am not sure "who is going to know," but don't be surprised if the parents find out. Other than whatever your parents do, I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't going to jail--it's really not even that big of a deal. The 18 year olds are probably in a bit more trouble, and there is nothing you personally can do about it. I am pretty certain most states differentiate between a 21 year old serving a minor and an 18 year old serving a minor. They might get hit with an endangering the welfare or something similar. Expect the DA to shoot for misdemeanor charges for the 18 year olds and a tongue lashing for yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">