• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing Homes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miles Kelleher

What is the name of your state? New York

If my parents have insurance that pays for the nursing home,does a nursing home have the right to garnish both their SSI checks and pension checks?What is the name of your state?

angst

Miles, I am not a lawyer and am new to this forum. I know how my parents ltc insurance works. It only covers a certain amount per day, not the entire amount. It does not pay directly to the nursing home. It reimburses my mother. A nursing home can go after a patients assets to satisfy a debt - but not their social security check. I found this article that might help. http://www.bankrate.com/nydn/news/debt/20071019_nursing_home_debt_a1.asp?prodtype=pfin

A frank discussion with your parents insurance company should clear up any questions.

moderators - if this response is not allowed please let me know. I am new here.

not legal advice, just an FYI

i worked at a nursing home in hicktown, tx, and for people who DIDNT have meds to be disbursed, as in people who lived there just to not be alone in their own home, it was $4900 for a shared room, and like $9000 for a private room....

if they needed special stuff, it could go up to like $15000 a month!
some insurances will only cover up to $X dollars, or X% a month.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">