• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing a letter to a judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emmabecool

I am going to write a letter to the judge in an attempt to get my criminal case dismissed. It is for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (my nearly 3 year old son got outside for a moment before I noticed) and I was visiting AZ. I live in WA and have already traveled to AZ once more to plead not guilty. It seems I will have to stop looking for work so I can devote my time to traveling to AZ for court dates in order to not have a criminal record. I can't afford to keep flying there so I am hoping this letter will somehow get my case dismissed. Any advice out there?

outonbail

I am going to write a letter to the judge in an attempt to get my criminal case dismissed. It is for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (my nearly 3 year old son got outside for a moment before I noticed) and I was visiting AZ. I live in WA and have already traveled to AZ once more to plead not guilty. It seems I will have to stop looking for work so I can devote my time to traveling to AZ for court dates in order to not have a criminal record. I can't afford to keep flying there so I am hoping this letter will somehow get my case dismissed. Any advice out there?
Hire a lawyer who practices in the court your case is being heard in. He can represent you so you don't have to appear until trial/sentencing.
Also your best chance of avoiding that criminal record your concerned with.

I can tell you that there are countless parents, grandparents, relatives and friends who would have given anything, for the opportunity to travel from state to state, if only they could undo the tragedy that resulted from those same unnoticed moments when they were distracted for a few seconds.

There's a good reason for these laws,,,, believe me, you're getting off easy,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">