• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ASH...

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I had a best friend of 8 years, and I recently received a beautiful puppy for Christmas and I could no longer keep her where I am at. So I turned to my best friend and asked if I could keep her there. However before my puppy was taken to her house, my grandma, my friend, and I sat down and discussed a verbal agreement that I could keep her there until I have a place of my own OR better arrangements.(not that of my friend) AND if I bought her dog food, toys,walked her frequently , and her shots. I kept up with my end of the agreement and when I found a better placement closer to me, I went for my dog and she refused to hand over my dog! So when I go to small claims court will the 3rd party in the agreement (grandma) be good evidence? and If not What could also be added in?

P.S. Thanks for any advice given

brcr44

witnesses

:) From what i always hear you should bring all evidence including anyone who was there to substanuate your claim. I would also bring the food bills. Because that would prove that you were buying dog food and why would you buy dog food if you don't have a dog. Maybe someone else on the board with more knowledge has some ideas. That just what i think.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Small claims won't get you your dog back. You will only be able to recover the actual value of the dog and/or (possibly) the amount of money that you can prove you spent on food, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">