• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding .. Cited for Disobey Traffice Control Device

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OP85063

What is the name of your state? New York

OK, I know I got a huge brake, because I am doing 90 in 55 MPH Zone. He was cool, I shook his hand say thank you and on my way. He said just mail it "not guilty" or "guilty". I'll have to show up in court if I plead "not guilty".

For those who wondering if you ever get this happen to you, you have a break don't try to fight it.

Now, my question is. I used to work in Florida and NY back and forth. So I got a Florida License. Will points go on my Florida License if I please "guilty" and pay the fine? The car is in my wife name, register in NY.

JustAPal00

Usually they give you that ticket so that there are no points. I got one in PA and the reason he told me he wrote it for that was that there wouldn't be points against me license.

Whenever you get a ticket fight it. He didn't take you to jail or anything then great. But it never hurts to fight it. You can go to court and plead not guilty. If he doesn't show up for your court date then you don't pay anything. If he shows up then you just pay the fine. No big deal. I would suggest always going over every situation with a fine toothed comb. Check out who the officer is employed by. We just got a ticket from a cop who was out of his jurisdiction. so that was thrown out. if theres anything he did that makes you feel uncomfortable or just doesn't seem right call a different police force in your area and ask if they think they broke any laws.

If you pay the ticket without going to court you are agreeing you are guilty. And you will get points on your license. If you go to court and you are found to be guilty you will also get points. In my state you can attend a state driving school and the state will waive any points. it's a four hour class one afternoon. really boring but worth it if you are someone who gets a lot of speeding tickets. here you can attend once every two years. i've been to driving school four times since 1999. saved my license.

so theres your choices.

Hey There

AN ANSWER to your question

4-15-08

Driver's Licence Compact

Member states report payment of bail or conviction of a traffic violation to the state in which the driver holds a driver's licence.
This means if a driver gets a ticket in N.Y. that state gets the $ ,
the state where he has a driver's licence
applies points to his licence as if that violation occured in that state
which in this case would be Florida.
According to Florida DMV.org Failure to obey a traffic signal is 4 points.
Florida doesn't allow traffic school for out-of-state traffic tickets.:(
(Florida Suspensions and Revocations - Answers to FAQ's)

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">