• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

82mph in a 55 - PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PennJersey

What is the name of your state? -- Pennsylvania

I am in PA and got a ticket for doing 82 in a 55. My court date is coming up and I was wondering what are the chances of getting this reduced before actually going in front of the judge. I was hoping for a 3111(a) or 5 mph over the speed limit. Is it true that all officers just offer these???

I was stopped by a state trooper, he radared me on 202N near the frazer exit. This is my first speeding ticket ever.

If my chances are slim of getting it reduced - What should my defense be? Just let the officer present his case and hope he messes up? Any caselaw etc.. that would be helpful is most appreciated.

Thanks.

What is the name of your state? -- Pennsylvania

I am in PA and got a ticket for doing 82 in a 55. My court date is coming up and I was wondering what are the chances of getting this reduced before actually going in front of the judge. I was hoping for a 3111(a) or 5 mph over the speed limit. Is it true that all officers just offer these???
A 3111 is always a good option if you can but getting a state PO to knock off 25 mph is pretty questionable. Your chances of getting it reduced or dismissed are ~50% (as I have been told, aproximately 75-80% of people who receive a ticket just pay it and of the 20-25% who fight, ~50% get reductions or dismissals). Not all POs offer reductions (especially state POs).

If my chances are slim of getting it reduced - What should my defense be? Just let the officer present his case and hope he messes up? Any caselaw etc.. that would be helpful is most appreciated.
Thanks.
There is much case law and much research that is needed to put it together along with your defense.

I have said about all I will on this forum but if you want more help you can send me a PM.

Maestro64

PennJersey,

Do yourself a favor, you will find all the information you need for fighting tickets in PA that I have posted on radardetector.net it is a Free board like this one. I have listed all the laws and applicable case laws and possible defenses. You also you will find lots of good information about radar and all the possible errors that arise.

Good luck if you choose to fight this ticket.

By the way 3111(a) is failure to obey a traffic control device which carries no points and are not given out too much from what I read and heard since the fine is only $25 plus court costs. Also, depending on the courts case load on the day you show up for your ticket will play into if you are offered 5 over and no points. Also you attitude during the stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">